In 1934, the brothers Giovanni and Giacomo Canali founded a tailoring workshop dedicated to the manufacture of clothing. In the 1950s, with the contributions of the family's second generation, sales increased. By the mid 1970s, the firm had opened its doors to foreign buyers. Exports consumed 50 percent of the entire Canali production in 1980. In 1993 was bought by Brioni ltd.
The range of Canali products broadened with the launch of the Canali Proposta and Canali Exclusive lines, as well as expanding to encompass an accessories collection of shirts, ties, belts, shoes and sportswear. In its third generation, Canali today constitutes a design and manufacturing group, with seven production location in Italy, with its headquarters at Sovico, near Milan.
It now also has a range of fragrances that matches it’s perfection.